As I was packing things up getting ready for the beach, I realized that the summer is one-half over, and my child doesn't ain a sunhat. (BAD Mommy!) In my defense, we never become exterior during the hottest role of the day (that's nap-time) and she does wear sunblock. Plus if we are out playing chalk and rocks, she is on the patio in the shade anyway. (Yeah excuses. I just forgot.)

But, even I know that a hat is essential if you are gonna be at the beach all day, then I busted out the fabrics and got to work. I used this pattern from Running with Scissors. Give thanks goodness I cut out the large size, considering it just barely fits, (must have a fatty head to go with those fat feet 🙂 only it should at to the lowest degree make information technology through this weekend.

Apathetic…

Then, since I made information technology out of such plain fabric, it just needed something. You know when you just stare at a projection for hours trying to effigy out what it needs. Well Pismire suggested adding a flower, but I'one thousand kinda over all the rosettes I've seen lately and wanted to do something "different". I goggled bloom tutorials, and waded through the thousands of different flowers until I found this tutorial. (It was a very "Where have yous been all my life?" moment.) I'thousand non sure how well known these are, only they simply felt perfect! (The post is from 2008! I'm always the final to know.)

I quickly dumped out all the buttons and started picking out the ones that matched Reli's swimmy suit.

(Very bad Idea when there is a toddler in the room. She wasn't trying to swallow them, simply "help" Mommy. lol)

I added some fabric covered buttons using leftovers from the flip flops, and Ta Da! I tin can't look to make more!

I even made a pair for the flip flops!

Now I'm actually starting to get excited about going to the beach!

At least nosotros'll come home with a few beautiful pictures. (And a whole load of taffy ; )

Promise everyone has a Wonderful Weekend. I'll be dorsum on Tuesday with plenty of pictures!
post signature